Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Crazy 8!


Today we celebrate 8 crazy wonderful years of marriage. I really am still amazed that I get to partner in life with Robert Jones. What a continuous gift he has been to me over these 10+ years we've known each other. It hasn't been without struggles, but on the whole it's been like winning the lottery when I didn't even have the sense to buy a ticket: a wholly undeserved blessing.

It's been fun to be at Mom & Dad's - actually in the same room we spent our first 2 weeks of marriage (post honeymoon)! Right before we moved to Missouri. As many parents do, they have lots of framed family wedding pictures scattered around on top of dressers and bookcases. When I visit I usually spend time walking around looking at each one. Here's us:
In case you're wondering, yes, that bouquet weighed roughly 3 million pounds :)
And here's all the other family weddings so far:
L to R: Mom & Dad, Em & Muckle, Shell & Cor
There are even some of my grands and great-grands. What a beautiful heritage we have:
Please excuse Robert's deodorant...
And, just to be clear, they're not all wedding photos, there are lots of childhood ones (some I wish were never taken!) Here are a couple really cute ones of the twinks:

I love looking at the old memories and dreaming of the new ones to come. I honestly feel a little crazy looking around at all the boxes and to-do lists on this 8th anniversary, but I'm so thankful that they are OUR boxes and OUR lists - the overflow of the family God started through our union. May He be praised in and through it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an eloquent writer you are! And I thought I was the writer in the family. Now I am the one who hit the jackpot and ended up with superwoman as my wife! You truly are God's greatest gift to me!

    Now it's my turn to romance you with my eloquent words!

    Roses are red
    Violets make me sneeze
    You are my love, my life, my favorite, my girl, my better half, my stinker dinker, my cutie patootie, my partner, my babe, my everything
    And you are my main squeeze!

    ...yep, still got it. Still the best writer in the family...

    LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim what a beautiful bride!!!!! AND still beautiful! You too Robert! :)

    ReplyDelete