Sunday, August 25, 2013

Almost Ready

We're almost ready to go, but I had to share a quick post of all the memory-making we've been doing lately!

We had an early birthday party for Meggie. If you talk to her, she'll tell you she's 3, and don't try to disagree with her. Even though it's not quite her birthday, we've had too many celebrations to go back now!
Ellie & Meg on the dolphin water slide
Opening gifts
Robert and I also got to sneak away to catch the last Redbirds game of the season. I took this picture as we left downtown:

We also fit in a fantastic trip to the zoo. The kids kept running ahead and I would say, "Wait for ME before you look at the animals!" Ha! I felt like my parents must have when we would sneak down to see the Christmas presents before they could watch our reaction. Oh well... We actually caught the grizzlies during feeding time!
At the grizzly bear exhibit
Ellie and Papa at the flamingos
We had lots of great dinners with friends and even a weekend away at Pickwick. One of my most encouraging moments was sitting down for breakfast with my best friend from high school (high school picture below). Facing a situation of new places and faces, it was just good to talk heart-to-heart with someone who knew me with braces.
TROUBLE =)
We enjoyed LOTS of movie nights with cousins:

We are pretty much all spoiled rotten from the love lavished on us while in Tennessee. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to actually cook a meal... for a family... by myself... All of the Aunts have been nail painting champions for the girls.

This past week it's been another round of the "Lasts" - only Memphis-style. Robert's parents had everyone over for a special family dinner, complete with delicious Memphis BBQ and a Teapot centerpiece. We even got in a few rounds of hide and seek and some airplane fun in a nearby open area.
Flying Grandbud's airplanes
Family Picture
Then came my side's special family dinner night, complete with a full English breakfast for dinner and tulips on the table. We fit in a few rousing games of Mafia after kids went to bed, and I am sure I can never trust any of them again. Ever.
I'm trying to eat my computer again just looking at this...

Eating around the table
We also fit in a Sunday brunch at IHOP today. My kids were pretty excited about the chewing gum...

Among all the fun has been lots of packing and repacking and pulling-out-of-hair and packing again. Robert, my hero, has been leading the charge. We would have nothing but smiles on in England if it had been left up to me! All that's left is the tough goodbyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment